Friday, September 9, 2011

I'M SEEING STRIPES.

Hiiii there! I'm back with my Labor Day weekend project! Talk about labor. This project took forever.and.ever.and.ever.

I've been thinking about our hallway for awhile now. It needed some excitement. As soon as Clay said he was playing golf on Saturday, I knew this would be the perfect time to improve our dull hallway!

Lately, I have been in L.O.V.E. with stripes. Really anything with stripes - pillows, comforters, walls, etc... Back in good ole' February I painted some stripes in our kitchen. I was very pleased with how they turned out, however the stripes in our kitchen are on the subtler side of things.

For our hallway, I wanted to paint the stripes a bit bolder with a more modern feel. I figured gray would be the perfect color...plus I had gray paint left over from another room which made things easy.

Measuring. Taping. Painting. {repeat}
My sweet Bayley followed me down the hallway as I slowly made progress.


without further adieu
the BEFORE & AFTER!





Look how much Bayley loves laying 
in our hallway now. I knew the stripes 
would make the hallway more fun!


Have a happy stripe-filled weekend. I know we will! :0) 

6 comments:

  1. love love love it! it really looks great, erin. (and the top moulding is perfect :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all your diy projects erin!! My fav is your wood wall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Erin!!! So cute :) I wish I had your patience. (This is Kodi BTW)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin - your house is so cute and I love everything you've done. These stripes are awesome!

    - Jessica (Webster)

    ReplyDelete